Every time now that we have Brian sitting on the toilet (yes, the training stories continue) Samantha will come to him and place a small reassuring hand on his shoulder, offering a gentle pat once in a while. It is so tender, yet so funny at the same time to see a 22 month old encouraging her older brother to do "yuckies" and keep her hand on his shoulder.
And at bedtime, after our family prayer and our newly established family High 5 and Halleluja cheer, Samantha goes to bed first. I will lay her in her crib and from the side will sing her a song or two. Brian, who should be in his bed waiting for me to tell him one of his favorite stories, snuck in and sat next to me, chimed in on "I Love to See the Temple" and "I Am a Child of God" (both at Sami's request), and placed his hand through the slats of her crib and patted her arms.
To see the cute - and sometimes curious - things those little hands do is truly amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment