Monday, May 19, 2008

My Own Personal Exterminators


Living in South Florida we do have an issue with bugs and small creepy crawlies. The lizards don't get in the house often, but the ants and cockroaches seem to find their way on a regular basis. (If our outside spraying were included with the lawn care I'm sure we wouldn't have this problem.) So we do go through can after can of Raid. The Outdoor scent is my favorite.


Brian and Samantha are fascinated with the six-legged friends trying to cohabitate with us. So in the mornings when I find a cockroach on its back, I call them to see. One day I asked Brian, tongue in cheek, to sweep up a cockroach for me and put it in the trashcan. To my pleasant surprise, he did! He went to the garage and asked me to get down the small broom and dustpan and he went on to scoop up the nasty thing and dump it in the trash. Samantha by his side the entire time. So now, whenever I see one of these I have my own Cockroach Busters to call and take care of the problem. Who knew that my 3-year old would be getting rid of bugs for me?!

No comments: