So I have put it off long enough... my half-hearted 'efforts' to get Brian to use the toilet are the only things going to pot. I was secretly hoping by switching from diapers to pull-ups and asking him to use the toilet 100 times a day he would just 'get it' and woohoo! he'd be out of the pull ups. Not so.
This week I decided to take the bull by the horns and make this my Number One Priority.
Hence my late night hours have been consumed in reading up on the ideal and fool proof ways to toilet train your toddler. This week I commenced with Method One: Get rid of diapers and pull-ups and use underpants. Ask the child every 5 minutes if he/she needs to use the toilet. Take note of liquid and solid intake as well as regular discharge times in order to encourage toilet use during those times of the day.
Here are the results of Method One: I have done more laundry and mopping and cleaning in the past 5 days than I have in the past 5 months. We've had more talks about "Accidents happen" and "Where do the yuckies go?" than I can count. And we have had 6 positive trips to the toilet, one of which was unsolicited - yeah - and zero poopie drops in the potty. 3 more days for Method One to show some more frequent positive results, or I'm sending a laundry bill to its author.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment