Today we went to the University of Miami to return a book to the library. Brian and Samantha were so excited to see "Daddy's Pool" (the fountain at the law school) and they were asking the entire time we were on campus where Daddy was. I told them he was at Debbie's house, but we'll see him soon.
They tiptoed into the library, because I told them it was very quiet in there, and once we exited the doors they both broke out into screaming and yelling, as if all of the noise they restrained had built up inside and just had to be released.
On the way back to the house Brian asked if I could open his window. Upon doing so he asked, "will wind make my fingers get blowed away?" I told him that the wind would not blow his fingers away because they are attached to his hand and arm and body. We have talked before about not placing body part out of the window until the ride has come to a complete stop - so he ever so carefully placed the tips of his fingers on the edge of the window.
Samantha and I had some play time alone while Brian was napping later than she did. She has and adorable laugh and it was fun to see her full set of teeth, now all the way in - ready for her 2 year molars. She loves to change shoes - what a girly girl. Today she changed between her Dora the Explorer tennis shoes and her Minnie Mouse sandals at least three times. And she took the bows off of the Build a Bear teddy bear that Grandma T gave her and asked me to put them in her hair. I barely managed two little sparse piggy tails on each side behind her ears which hailed a small ringlet each. She was thrilled and looked at herself in the mirror in approval for a good full minute.
While we were out I purchased an inexpensive portable potty to keep in the room where Brian is playing (a suggestion from Method One that I hadn't put into practice yet) to see if he is just too involved in playing to be bothered to take a trip to the bathroom. It will be handy to have on our trip next month too as we'll be long hours in the car. He actually used it in the car today after our little trip to the University and playtime on the grass there.
As we were getting ready for bed and reading some stories, Brian pointed out an airplane in a book and said that Grandpa Tutu (Todd's Dad) read that story to him in Grandpa's chair. I said that was special and he should always remember that, and how I love Grandpa Tutu. Brian responded, 'I love him, too, Mommy.' It made me tear up.
I have Sharing Time tomorrow in Primary and although I have missed 2 weeks, I feel like I haven't been to church in 6. They did reassign my Visiting Teaching list in my absence - removed 2 girls of the three and added one - my friend Ladelle. She's going to be so tired of me! :) I have leaned on her a great deal in the past with watching the kids while I've needed to go to appointments, and we have enjoyed going to the beach and park and other places together with our little ones.
We'll hope for an uneventful night tonight - with the disruption in our schedule with last week's travel and Daddy be gone for the past week I am usually up with one or both of the children during the night. While children are resilient I believe that they rely on some routine and consistency and sense when things just aren't the same. I think I really wore them out today so here's to a good night sleep for us all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment