Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fun Tidbits for the Day






Today as it reached 95 degrees I put out a Slip N Slide that Grandma T gave the kids during her visit here in April. I thought I would never again be able to get the kids inside. They loved it! Samantha tried to follow my instructions to 'run and slide' and she ended up scooting herself down the slide and then bouncing and splashing in the little pool of water at the end. Brian caught on quickly and was soon tearing down the slide on his back, stomach, and even had a few spins. They love the water and thanks to Nutragena 70 SPF cooling sun spray, it is easier for me to let them stay in the sun for longer periods of time.



Since Todd left Brian has started this "Tell Daddy" thing. Any time something he deems significant occurs he remarks to me "I tell Daddy." I try to make a mental note so that when we talk next Brian can report. Today it was, that the little male cup part of the toilet (oh when will the toilet references end!?!) stuck to his legs as he stood up, he giggled and said, "Funny, I tell Daddy." Another time was when he cleaned up his room and felt that sense of accomplishment. He wanted to share that with Daddy too.



Oh how I love my little Piggies! No, not my smallest toes, rather my big eaters for today. I was floored at how much food they both put down. They had a huge dinner consisting of my original menu plan of fishsticks, rice and honey-glazed carrots. Then Brian decided he also wanted Blue Pancakes (a favorite at our house - created simply by adding blue food coloring to the pancake batter). So I indulged, oink, and he ate up 2 of them in addition to sneaking big 'tastes' of the batter. YUCK! How can he eat that stuff? I worry a bit about him eating the raw eggs, but hope that our prayer before eating might elliminate any negative results. Then they asked for raisins and peaches and ate both. We went to the store as we were out of milk, and they asked for blueberries. Normally a pricey item we pass by them, but as they were on sale I put a container in the cart. They asked for a taste. So I let them each have a few. Next thing I know Brian gives me the container and said "I ate them all gone, Mommy." Sure enough, he did! Oink oink! We came home and they helped me put away the groceries and asked for a taste of everything. I thought they had had enough so gave them each a glass of water, which they drank as though they just crossed the Sahara. OINK OINK!



After the kids were both in bed, Brian yelled out, "MOMMY! I HAVE BIG PROBLEM!" I asked what happened and he let me know that he needed to talk to Daddy. So I let him call him and converse for a minute. When Brian finished he brought me the phone and spotted a big hairy gross moth hovering outside the window. He pointed to it and said, "Look, Mommy, beautiful butterfly!" Ah, to see the beauty in everything as do the little ones.



Despite my bad back and getting nowhere fast in my project list, I continue to be in awe of these little people who bless my life.

No comments: