
I would have to say that today might possibly make it to my Top 20 list of Days From Hell. Rather than provide a boring detailed narrative that would most assuredly evolve into a HUGE complaint session (why does the word 'murmur' come to mind?), I will share this: I was really anxious for it all to end and thought I would put aside any major evening clean up and just sink into bed. I was in the bathroom folding up a couple of towels (see how well I do at setting aside evening clean up?), and knocked from the shelf a hand mirror I've had for probably 20 or more years. Was I surprised when it shattered into a million pieces? No. Just a way to finish this awful day.
The good part is that even on my worst days, I still need to say a prayer of thanks for my children. I can appreciate the happiness my children bring me even, or better said - especially - when things haven't gone well for me. Before they went to bed I had another 'moment' as I slammed my fingers, and just the fact that I have felt so awful all day I broke into tears. Those little children put on their angel wings and came to me, each hugging a leg and said, unprovoked, "I'm sorry Mommy." They gave me kisses and hugs. Brian even added, "I'm sorry Mommy hurt fingers. I'm a little sad." I don't know if it was because they were extra tired or because their little spirits felt sorry for me seeing me in this new way, but they didn't put up quite as much of a fuss to go to bed, and I kissed their precious heads as they drifted to sleep. Through the good and bad, I love them more each day. I am blessed to be their mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment