Today was a nice day for all of us. We celebrated Father’s Day, and interestingly enough, none of the kids had their father in town. Mike is in Hawaii and Todd in Texas. We all got up – to a smelly turtle tank. Someone had unplugged the tank and it wasn’t filtered all night long, and woah was it full of stuff I’m sure some scientist person would like to analyze under a microscope- there must have been all kinds of fun organisms in there. Brittney was the brave one who transferred the turtle to some clean water in a bucket (Amanda and I didn’t dare put our hand in that water).
We went to church – and it was actually really nice. For me, anyway. It was sweet to see the children singing primary songs to Dad and Brian sang along while sitting on my lap. It was all talk of Fathers and my little ones picked up on it. (As we exited church they both mentioned how they miss their Daddy.) I took Brian and Sami to Nursery and after I sat for about 5 minutes they felt at home and I left without incident. During Sunday School I took Jackson home for a little emergency, and then I sat in Relief Society basking in a moment at church when I wasn’t running around trying to make sure Primary was going to work that day. I had a thought that we should work with our RS in seeing if some ladies would be able to come teach once or twice a year to give our teachers a change to enjoy RS. It wasn’t so much the lesson, but the fact that I felt a soft reverent Spirit and was able to enjoy it – just sitting. I even shed a tear or two during the practice song because it was so sweet and quiet and I was … just sitting. Sara did come in and sit with me the last half of the meeting and she was adorable. I loved it.
We came home and had lunch and changed clothes and went to Grandma and Grandpa Ts house for Father’s Day dinner. We went early and visited AJ for a while. We had a really lovely meal, thanks to Mom’s hard work and contributions from all. I’m so grateful for my dad- I could write a lot about my feelings about him, so I’ll save that for another time. My dear father-in-law has also been on my mind a great deal. I miss him so much. I felt as though he was watching and knew that we honor and remember him with so much love. We missed Todd a great deal and the kids talked about him a lot. Even tonight Sami started beating her arms up and down, like a drummer, and said “Daddy do this.” They talk about walks with Dad and visiting him in the big building he works in and how right now he is far away at Debbie’s house. I am grateful that he loves our children and works so hard to be able to provide great opportunities for them in their future. I am also looking forward to times together as a family and witnessing those special moments with their dad that the children will remember throughout their lives.
The kids had a great time with their cousins. I was so touched by how much Brittney and Amanda help out and how much I love them and Jackson and Sara that I actually teared up on the way out to the car. I was cleaning up Brian and they had everyone else buckled up in the car, calmed down and ready to go. They are all wonderful children and Ju and Mike can be proud of them. I hug and kiss them more than I usually do and I hope that showing them extra love they maybe won’t feel such a void with their parents being gone. They are a tight family and really miss each other.
Tonight we needed to do some emergency laundry, and Brittney took the initiative to do it. She gathered up ALL of the laundry, and we started sorting together and she finished it. She wrote down in a notebook what to do for darks, whites, colors, and stains. It was really cool.
I was glad to talk to Todd for a bit – even though when we chat I’m usually multi-tasking and I’m sure I don’t carry on a good conversation. For the first time he heard from his children "Happy Fodder's Day, Daddy! We wuv you!" I love him so much and feel very blessed that he is mine. I will be glad to be together again. It is nice to be in UT with my family because it helps distract me a bit; it will be rough again back in Miami for that last 6 weeks without him.
Happy Father’s Day to Todd and each of our fathers and men in our lives whom we love so much and turn to for strength and support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You have such great kids and a great husband! I will say that your dad puts a smile on my face though! I always felt welcome in your home growing up!!! I absolutely adore your family!
Post a Comment