Sunday, June 1, 2008

Bugs at our House

First, the cold bug. Brian caught a little cold last week which peaked last night as he was up all night long coughing and having trouble sleeping because of a combination of congestion and nightmares. Samantha today unveiled her first signs of runny nose, by wiping it on my pants, and she has a raspy cough too, though not as much as Brian. My friend Ladelle brought over a nebulizer with some medicine to help the congestion. I was able to get Samantha to use it by telling her it was like Grandma Tanner's elephant trunk. Brian wasn't convinced as this machine makes 80 times the noise as her CPAP. Hopefully with a good night of sleep they will feel better tomorrow.

Next, the ant bugs. I'm on my third type of Ant Killer. Outside our front door there is a small hole in the side of the house, which you can find ants crawling in and out of. About 10 gabazillion ants, that is. They are traveling in their little lines going up the house, along the side of the house, diagonally toward the window, and over to the bushes. They stop and wiggle their antennae at each other as if to say, "HA! They'll never kill us! We are too many! ha ha ha!" My next step is to fork over the money for an exterminator to come spray the exterior of the house. I will count my blessings though, in that they are OUTSIDE and not INSIDE. There have been two occasions when they have made their way in and congregate where the top of the walls and ceilings meet, and just get together in their little party groups and make bit black circles all along the edges. In every room. I spray, I vacuum, and I get the creepy crawlies for a few days afterwards. At least the roaches don't do that - and stay mainly in the garage.

No comments: